In October the staff and teachers of Round Hill Elementary School wore pink t-shirts to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Out of this one act of charity came a year-long campaign to raise money for worthy causes!
After the conclusion of the October breast cancer awareness campaign, Round Hill staff and teachers decided to keep the good works going. A theme was chosen for each month of the school year and a t-shirt was designed to accompany each month’s theme. Staff and teachers had the opportunity to buy the t-shirts to wear weekly.
Over the course of school year, more than $2,000 was raised and donations were made to the following local and national charities:
- November: Washingtonville Food Pantry and U.S. Troops Wish List
- December: Holiday 4 Kids
- February: Choose Love
- March: St. Jude’s Children Hospital
- April: Ukrainian Relief Drive
- May: Wounded Warrior Project
- June: Robb Elementary School (Uvalde, Texas) Memorial Fund
Kudos to the Round Hill staff and teachers for their generosity and good work!